Thursday, August 28, 2008

Playing Catch Up

Well, I started school this last week, it wasn't as bad as I had expected (not yet at least). My grandma came and stayed with the kids and hasn't quit on me yet. Austin is getting big. He weighed 18 lbs and 27 3/4 inches long at his 4 month check up!!! Alivia is doing good also. She is great big sister (although she is a little bossy at times). She will be starting a creative tots dance class next week. It is a class just for 2 year olds. She is doing the class with her two friends Kamryn and Kylie. We are pretty excited for them. Well I haven't been the greatest on posting pictures and I can't promise anything in the future now that school is back in session, but I will try to keep everyone updated!!!
I know this sounds crazy, but Alivia hates the bath. It is usually a kicking and screaming match to get her in it. Well now that Austin is getting bigger, he has been our bribe to get her in. She loves to help with him. So if I tell her I need help bathing Austin she will do it. She still cries when it comes time to wash her, but we are getting somewhere.
I bought Alivia a paint set a few weeks ago. I feel like she needs to do more stuff at home, sometimes I turn to the TV cause I am not sure what else to entertain her with. Well we now have paint, playdough, finger paint, flash cards and of course normal color books. Our TV time has cut down a lot, but I find it is still on most the day for back ground noise.
Mitch is very artistic, so I am hoping Alivia will be. I drew the face in the middle. I am sorry I have no artistic ability what so ever.
Here are some paintings that Alivia made for her grandma's!!

We took a drive down to Twin Falls last weekend and met up with Mitch's dad for dinner. It was fun. It is crazy how much Alivia loves him. We don't get to see him a lot due to busy schedules, but we talk about him and she has pictures of him. So the second you say his name she gets so excited and when we got there she ran right up to him. She wasn't even shy!!! We missed you Letty (she was ill). Hopefully we will see you next time!!!
You can see how much Alivia adores him. Also I don't know if this pictures does it justice, but now do you see who my kids look like! Sorry I couldn't get the next photo to flip. But is so cute of Alivia and Rick!
So this next picture is a cute one of the kids and papa Rick. (Also in this picture you can witness Alivia trying to get Austin to his hand out of his mouth. She is very mothering to him.
Well that is the catch up for now. So until next time!!!

1 comment:

cindyrella said...

i need this new art work for my frig!