Thursday, July 31, 2008

Soap Box

Wow --Everyone I know is either at work, in a meeting or at girls camp. I need to vent so I turn to blog. Whoever told me that it gets easier with two kids boy did they have it all wrong. Or maybe I am doing something wrong. Alivia woke up at 3 am screaming (i assume bad dream). She got into bed with Mitch and I and fell back to sleep. I on the other tossed and turned all night wondering what could have scared her so badly. When I asked her what scared her this morning she had no clue. Austin wakes up at 7 as usual to eat. The only problem is he doesn't like to go right back to sleep so I usually let him lay in my bed to play and I go back to sleep when I wake up again he has usually fallen back asleep. Well since Alivia was in my bed this morning I had to lay in the living room with him. I made the mistake of turning on the tv. Austin fell back asleep I did not--I watched a special on the Kennedy Family. Oh did I mention I work my graveyard shift tonight. Sleep is vital. As soon as that ended Alivia woke up and did her usual woke up Austin and the day began. While I was up sorting laundry Alivia was watching cartoons down stairs. It was quiet for awhile and I checked on her a few times. Well I heard her walking around down stairs and asked her what she was doing and she yelled "No" to me --That is code for pooping. So I ran downstairs (because she is now in big girl panties) and tried my hardest to stay calm. There was poop everywhere. the rugs, her dress the bathroom floor, her panties of course. The only place there wasn't poop was the toilet. I guess I should give her credit cause she did actually pee in the toilet she just didn't poop. Oh did I mention this isn't the poop you can just scoop up and put in the toilet. (At this point I am fuming). Oh ya--there was also poop all over her. So I told her she had to take a bath (she hates bath) So she did her usual cried. I put her in washed her up and cleaned the bathroom up which was made me even more mad. Then Austin woke up. He wanted to eat and he wasn't going to wait so I told Alivia she needed to play while I fed him. (thank goodness for nursing it lets me cool off a little) My mistake I came back to the bath tub and it was red (don't worry) It was her Dora Bubbles. She dumped the whole bottle in the bath tub. (verge of tears). So I told her I was not happy with her in fact I was mad at her and for some reason I was staying very calm. I explained about how the pooping incident made me mad and she just did not get it. She kept pointing out all the bubbles and telling me stuff I didn't want to hear. So then I washed her hair and she cried. I almost cried because there was so much bubbles in the water I couldn't get it to rinse out. She was crying I was getting tense so I got her out of the bath and told her to go to bed. Then she cried cause she didn't want to go to bed (could you blame her-she just woke up). So I said fine. Told her she had to wear pull ups and comb her hair and told her to go watch tv. So I decided at that point to bring Austin up stairs put away some laundry and started blogging. The day couldn't get any worse right. WRONG! The stinking computer took ten hours to get going. I finally got my blank post up and typed two words when here comes Alivia. I could see some type of gloss on her hands and I said Alivia what is on your hands. And she said Lotion--- I said you need to show mommy the lotion. Where is it. So we went down stairs and she went to the cupboard under the sink. It is locked I promise. I open the cupboard and there are the bubbles opened. So I assume bubbles not so bad, till she points to the ant poisoning. TEARS!!!!! I started crying I was at the end of my rope. Washed her hands and fast as I could and called poison control. Don't worry she will be fine. She was a little traumatized by my reaction though so she cried too. Well here I am barley 1230 Austin in bed and Alivia is playing with her doll on my bed --I AM SO TIRED OF THIS DAY!!! Sorry for how long this is --if you read the whole thing. THANKS!!!

7 comments:

cindyrella said...

okay, i think i will cry with you. I am so impressed that you worked hard to stay calm with your reaction. maybe silenting chanting "kids are people too" will help even more next time....NEXT TIME??? yep, it will happen again and i know you will do well because you are truly an awesome mom, tugged on, stretched thin, and exhausted at the end of even the really good days. BUT what makes you get up and go through it all again day after day is the endless stream of love those 2 adorable, priceless creatures bring into your life every second.
i love you too! :-)

Rachel said...

WOW! i am so so sorry! What a crazy morning. These are the times that I wished we lived next to each other so you could send Alivia over to play. You're an amazing mom!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am exhausted just reading this. You are an amazing women. Keep up the good work. You will belessed. I am so glad there are good people like you out there taking care of this sweet children.

Jessica Adams said...

I feel you Gracie is also at that age where you have to police! I was working on my second job and I look over and she has put spence's deodorant all over her body and the unfinished item for her toys that we just bought. We will now have to sand it and her skin is so sensitive that she broke out! :) It can get so crazy! She also will not poop on the toilet and that is so frustrating! They tell you to be calm but I get so pissed cuz she knows when she is going! Potty training sucks!

Jake Kristina Andrew Grant Alexis said...

Whoa! What a day! If this is what I have to look forward to with two, I think I'll cry too. Last night Jake came in from work and told me you wanted me to read this... I was right in the middle of it. I thought that was funny.
Man, I thought I had it rough when andrew poops in the bathtub. I hope you will have time to catch up on sleep. I feel for you.

Linda and Robert said...

wow sorry to hear about your day! Its tough I thought Dylan was the only one that won't poop in the toilet. I have to admit two was a lot easier than six. I don't like the potty training its ruff on the nerves.

The Dahlke Family said...

Rosa, I totally understand exactly what you are going through! I think Paityn and Alivia would be best friends. How did you get her potty trained? Lately she will poop and then go in and take off her diaper and sit on the toilet. I have no idea what to do! I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has those days! What were we thinking? At least what was I thinking!