Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Big Boy

I swore I would not put Austin in a real bed til he could crawl out of his crib. Well I didn't wait that long. We had tried a few other times to put him in a big boy bed, but he just wasn't ready. Then last week I was cleaning there room up and I took the railing off the crib and decided to try again. The only difference was this time I was going to be at work when he went to bed and Mitch would have to do it all. I kind of worried but figured it he wasn't ready Mitch would just put the railing back up and put him in the crib. Well I called him at around 10 to see how it went and he said Austin only got up 2 times. After the 2nd time Mitch told him that he needed to go to bed no more getting up. Put him back in bed and never saw him again. So I got a little teary eyed when he told me that and I made him go take a picture of him. I was thinking he would be on the floor or playing with something he shouldn't be, but nope he was snug in his bed! Really, why am I crying he stayed. And he has stayed for a week now. We have not had any problems with putting him to bed. This little (big) guy is growing up so fast. I remember telling people last month how I was kind of worried because he doesn't talk. Well I guess the lord blessed him because now he doesn't stop talking. I have to tell him no more talking, I sometimes just need a break from his manly baby voice! I love him so much, he has such a special spirit about him. It is so hard to get mad and stay mad at him. Ask any aunt, babysitter, grandma -- He gets this cute little smirk, when you tell him not to do something or explain what he did wrong he simply says "oh" -- Really oh --- Come on!
I could seriously go on and on about him, but I will stop! Good night!!!

1 comment:

cindyrella said...

we are crazy about him!......no secret!!