Wednesday, June 16, 2010

mice mice and mice

Well we have had some little friends visiting in our house. They were not invited nor are they welcome.


Doesn't this picture make your skin crawl ---

I first saw the furry little creature last week after a yard sale. It ran across Liv and Austin's room. I HATE HATE MICE! I closed down the whole basement and locked the cat down there it took me a while before I would even open the door. Well no luck!



Then the on Monday I was watching my DVR episodes after the kids went to bed it was about 11 pm. Well here comes the furry little creature and it ran across the living room. My stomach curled, i broke out in a cold sweat and was so scared. YES THAT SCARED! I DO NOT LIKE MICE! So I got the mouse to stay back by our door to the garge and set up this baracade:




Then I pushed forward the front of my original baricade and propped the door open with the laundry basket:


It took him a minute to run out. He played peek a boo with me a few times. I am pretty sure my heart was racing -- I kept praying over and over again and sure enough he finally ran out.


Ahhh -- finally and guess what it was now 1 AM and I still haven't watched my shows. I called Mitch who was out of town to tell him about my adventures and he thought that was pretty ambitious. Well I wasn't going to sleep knowing he was crawling around and it was wasn't like Giz was going to be any help:



Just in case after I went down to my bed I blocked the door. I had to get some sleep.




Well two mornings later Mitch was doing Liv's hair for Gym and I had just laid down to get a couple of hours in before Austin was up. Then I hear Liv shreik that she saw a mouse. Not really shriek with fear more with excitement. Here is a picture with the real mice catchers. I cannot believe Mitch got them to sit for this picture. They are not my kids. I would have been a mile a way had I been there -- ugh!


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Rosa that is SO funny! We had some mice in our KITCHEN a while back - They had been through all of the drawers and cupboards since they are open to the back, and I had to spend a whole day bleaching the place. I don't think I'm really afraid of them as much as it is feeling INVADED!!

Karen Mortensen said...

Yuck! I am glad there was a happy ending. I wouldn't have sat for the picture either. I hate mice dead or alive.

cindyrella said...

oh you are hilarious! should have called me - one mousetrap with peanut butter and it would have been over with in minutes!
just make sure you put a piece of newspaper down first.......it can be messy sometimes - right rachael? hahahahaha oh i am going to LOL for a while with that memory!

Jessica Adams said...

I am also DEATHLY afraid of mice! The scare me so bad! Glad you caught them!

Rita Peck said...

yuck.

Aunt Marilyn said...

Rosa you are so funny but I can totally relate with those baracades! One time I got up around 4a.m. to make Jon breakfast before he went out to milk. There were two mice running around my kitchen1 I was so scared that I put on Jon's milking boots and sat on a high stool til he woke up and came out of the bedroom. He coudln't believe what he saw! He said they are more scared of you! I don't agree! Anyway he got them with a broom and went out to milk without breakfast that morning. Now we have stepped up, we are now dealing with rats! I only crack my front door open to make sure it is safe to exit! Good luck

Misty said...

Rosa you are amazing, I don't think I could deal with catching a mouse...or sleep knowing there was one in the house! Love the picture of the kids, must me nice to have no fears! :)