Friday, November 7, 2008

Alivia

So Austin usually goes down for his morning nap around 10:30 or 11 and then usually sleeps for about 3 hours. That usually gives me enough time to get stuff done, get ready for the day and what not. Well today a special someone (Alivia) woke him up at around 11. So I got him up put him in the jumper so I could get in the shower real quick. Alivia was playing with him and I could hear them and then it was quiet. So I asked Alivia--
Me: Alivia?
Alivia: hmm?
Me: What are you doing?
Alivia: nothing
Me: What are you doing?
Alivia: just feeding Austin--

Me: What?

Me: Oh really --!

So I guess it could be worse. But she is so stinkin smart-- I can't child proof anything-- She can now open all cupboards (even one's with locks) She can unlock and lock the doors -- so if I have the front door locked and someone knocks she will run and unlock it and open it. And as you can see she can feed her brother all by herself.
Unfortunately for Austin she can't reach the microwave so he ate cold Chicken with apples. He didn't seem to mind. Also, another bad deal was Alivia;s attention span is very short so it was only a tease for Austin and after a few bites she was done. So I had to finish feeding him. You can't just start feeding Austin and stop expecting him to understand it is not really time to eat yet. It was just a fun little story I thought I would blog about. I love Alivia and how smart she is I will just have to learn how to be smarter.
Here are some more pics:
excuse there outfits. we are very slow getting going in the morning.


Austin was pretty irritated we interrupted his meal with the photo op and was getting kind of anxious about getting the next bite.

3 comments:

cindyrella said...

that is a funny story - her food choice was good! I did notice how quick she was to unlock the door when i knocked yesterday. i thought uh-oh, i hope rosa isn't sleeping and she is just letting in some stranger!
such a smarty pants we have and we love them both sooooo much!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Pretty soon she could start babysitting so you and Mitch could go out. Ha Ha.

The Dahlke Family said...

So, I can totally relate once again... just the other day Paityn locked herself in the bathroom and painted her entire foot with finger nail polish. I love that she is smart as well but throw be a bone here! Oh, and you will be excited about this, she has been in underwear for 4 days! I am so excited I can hardly stand it. Hopefully I can just focus on diapers for one child now, Yip-eee!